Many initiatives are already developing assets that can contribute to the public spaces we envision, providing insight into the possibilities of embedding certain public values within technology. This includes:
- some components for designing and developing ethical technology;
- participatory approaches to research and design in technology and governance;
- experimentation into inclusive data governance models;
- examples of technology that bring the some or all of the above assets together and are based on ethical principles and/or made in the public interest; and
- enthusiasm – from citizens, developers, governments at all levels – to make a change and reimagine public space.